This morning I was interviewed on Anchorage's local Native American radio station, KNBA. I talked about this year's Election Protection efforts, and encouraged Alaskans to call 866 OUR VOTE to ask questions and report any voting-related problems on election day. I'm an EFF-trained Election Protection volunteer, and although there's no call center up here in Alaska, I was thrilled to be able to do my part to support the election and protect voting rights. In addition to getting out the word on Election Protection, I learned some interesting facts about elections in Alaska. Did you know that some voters in bush communities have to send in their ballots months in advance to ensure their votes are received in time to be counted?
GO VOTE if you haven't done so already! Although there's been a lot of focus on the national scene, Alaska has some exciting races too.
1 comment:
no election in PR of course....
Post a Comment