...but I just couldn't resist this post. Flickr recently added a new feature which allows you to track various stats related to your photos, including providing a list of referring websites. Most are pretty predictable--web searches, the odd photo on someone's blog (some people I know, some people I don't). One referrer for one of my photos, however, is far from typical.

Me at Earthquake Park wearing puffy jacket
Originally uploaded by t-dawg.
This photo was linked from a forum on a website called Puffy Central, a UK-based website which is
only about puffa/bubble/down (call them what you will!) jackets and sleeveless vests. It is not about ski jackets, or any other type of jacket!Puffy Central has puffy jacket meetups, lots of photos, puffy-related fiction, a discussion forum specifically for puffy vests, and an XXX photo gallery. I guess my downfall (if being featured on the website can be considered a downfall) was including the word "puffy" in the title of my photo.
I feel particularly embarrassed because I really have never thought of myself as the "puffy jacket" type, let alone the "pink puffy jacket" type. When I bought that jacket at the North Face Outlet in Berkeley, I demanded that a store clerk explain to me why they don't make stupid men wear stupid pink jackets... he tried to tell me that they were starting to make them, but I didn't believe him. But one of my friends later assuaged my uneasiness by saying "well, you have to have SOME way to advertise that you're female when you're wrapped from head to toe in lumpy winter gear."
A few other Alaska-related web searches that led to my photos (linked to a likely result from my photostream):
2007 iditarod trail in alaska
mrs. alaska-america
enormous pumpkin
anchorage fire
big mosquitoes
northface jackets
dark snowy
running in the dark
dog in truck
moose in anchorage
1 comment:
I love that your first post in forever is so totally random. Glad you are blogging again- I only clicked on your page with intention to delet it from my protopage- but there it was.
Post a Comment