6.08.2007

Spring, almost summer!


Sunset over the Sleeping Lady from the Cap'n Cook
Originally uploaded by t-dawg.


So, guess what's even busier than winter in Alaska?! Yep, it's springtime in Alaska, and it's more like 40 above than 40 below.

I can't believe I've been such a terrible blogger. It's been spiraling out of control, because more and more activities occur that must be talked about. I've got my work cut out for me, with pictures to be posted and stories to be told. It's time to get on that, to start dispelling the rumors that have started circulating regarding the reason for my lack of posting (fallen off a cliff, fallen in love, etc.).

Spring is fully, fully here, and well, it has been for a while. The snow has all melted (except for one giant dirty pile near our courthouse) and the sun is gracing us with its light all day and all night. The late-night-light is really surreal. We all keep saying "aak! Look out the window! Can you believe it's 11pm!?" I've been spending my time hiking, running (training for the half marathon in 2 weeks), playing softball on an almost-all-clerk-team (we're undefeated!), and looking out the window thinking "I can't believe the sun is still up right now!"

More posts are imminent. Many pictures as well. Stay tuned. Thanks to all of you who are hangin' in there!!

2 comments:

YL said...

'Bout time, chiquita. My hypotheses about what happened to you are as follows:

1. You got eaten by a moose

2. You ate too much moose meat

3. You had been breeding a super-intelligent, malevolent moose army to conquer the "lower 48" but your experiment got away from you and you've been locked in a moose dungeon wishing you'd never played moose-god.

I'm leaning toward #3.

And how come you don't reply to messages sent to yr gmail? Send me an email at wdevries (at) gmail, so I can make sure I got yr right address?

Anonymous said...

Wow! The quarters are finally replaced. Your fans await your reports. :)