6.28.2007

Half Marathon route & tunes

A couple more notes on the half marathon. My friend Bill wore a GPS thingie, and so you can see our route! If you click on the picture, it will take you to the Map My Run site, and you can zoom in and out and scroll around and whatnot.


Also, I thought some of you might be interested in knowing the musical inspiration which guided me along the way. The following are all the songs I listened to all the way through during the half-marathon (not in this order--I remember my first song was "Take It Easy"--quite appropriate, but I did not follow its advice, and ran my first few miles quite quickly):

Keys To Your Heart // 101ers
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere // Alan Jackson & Jimmy Buffett
Falling For the First Time // Barenaked Ladies
Don't Worry Baby (Single Version) // The Beach Boys
Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy) // Big & Rich
Toxic // Britney Spears
Summer of '69 // Bryan Adams
Everytime We Touch // Cascada
Lady Marmalade // Christina Aguilera
Down On The Corner // Creedence Clearwater Revival
The Sound Of Settling // Death Cab For Cutie
Long Time Gone // Dixie Chicks
Heaven // DJ Sammy & Yanou
Take It Easy // The Eagles
Til I Hear It From You // Gin Blossoms
Feel Good Inc. // Gorillaz
Behind These Hazel Eyes // Kelly Clarkson
Since U Been Gone // Kelly Clarkson
The Gambler // Kenny Rodgers
Just Dropped In... // Kenny Rogers & The First Edition
Mr. Brightside // The Killers
Something's Gotta Give // LeAnn Rimes
Perdido En Un Barco // Mana
Buscandola // Mana
Some Jingle Jangle Morning // Mary Lou Lord
Billie Jean // Michael Jackson
Float On // Modest Mouse
Ride Wit Me // Nelly
Bizarre Love Triangle (Extended Remix) // New Order
Tell It To Me // Old Crow Medicine Show
Steady, As She Goes // The Raconteurs
Pon De Replay // Rihanna
Portions For Foxes // Rilo Kiley
La Tortura // Shakira
Te Dejo Madrid // Shakira
Suerte // Shakira
The Rubberband Man // The Spinners
Santeria // Sublime
Here I Go Again // Whitesnake

No comments: