I have been shamed into posting by one of my friends telling me over and over how much my blog sucks right now. The only sort of excuse I can offer is that I've been so busy gleaning every last ounce of enjoyment out of my Alaskan summer that I haven't wanted to waste a single second indoors. I've been busy enjoying the outdoors until late in the evenings--softball games, frisbee, and stunning hikes at 10pm in the never-absent sun are hard to trade for poking away at a keyboard alone in my house.
Today, this excuse is not getting in my way: I'm sitting out in my cute front yard, enjoying a very welcome day of sunlight after a week or so of dull gray -- clouds, and rain, the summertime bane of an Alaskan's existence. All I can do at this point is randomly blab about awesome things I've done in the last couple of months but haven't posted about.
To tide you over until the few moments when my first backlog-reducing post appears, please enjoy this recent Economist article about how Alaska politicians suck almost as much as my blog.

1 comment:
Touche.
Post a Comment